From Wednesday 8 June the whole city is invited to join the furniture week, as well as design week, or better known as Fuorisalone. The celebrations open with the original street parade which, like every edition, starts at 18.00 from Piazza Castello, ready to invade the district with floats, performances and music, up to Piazza Affari. How to continue?
1) In Piazza Cordusio, in the former Credito Italiano building, Audi is ready to share its vision of the planet, society and mankind with visitors, in the “Audi House of Progress”: “a place where vision of tomorrow is already a reality ”, according to the brand.
The office was divided into three thematic areas: “Re-generate our planet”, “Re-generate our society” and “Re-generate our lives”. An opportunity for the public to touch the A6 Avant e-tron for the first time, and learn about concepts such as the Grandsphere, the Skysphere and the Urbansphere.
2) At Spazio Bergognone 26 (Via Bergognone, 26). Chapter 11 opens for Honda Civic. Visitors will be able to see how the model has changed after 27.5 million units sold in 170 countries. The global brand has focused today on the full hybrid: a 2-liter petrol four-cylinder Atkinson cycle, two electric motors and a lithium-ion battery. Power of 184 hp and maximum torque of 315 Nm.
3) We need to move to the fashion district (via Verri 10) to understand how BMW design evolves. Mike Meiré, designer and creative, oversaw the “BMW House”, with installations, performances, workshops,
inviting artists such as Botter, Claudia Rafael and Anna Deller-Yee to reflect on the opportunities and challenges in today’s technological developments.
4) All to be admired, at Superstudio Più in via Tortona 27, the finalist prototypes of the Lexus Design Award 2022, as well as the new project by the students of the Royal College of Art in London oriented towards sustainable mobility. In addition, the Japanese premium manufacturer Lexus is also presenting a trio of explorations, including an installation created by architect Germane Barnes, in collaboration with the lighting studio Aqua Creations: not to be missed.
5) At the Tortona Design District Subaru exhibits Solterra: the first electric crossover of the house of the pleiades. A preview for those who are waiting at the dealership for the vehicle, which puts the Sun and the Earth “together” to pursue sustainability even in the name.
6) If a billboard doesn’t seem enough, Nissan has thought of an installation. 214 square meters on the wall of a building in the Porta Romana area to praise the design and technology of the new Qashqai signed by the artist Cheone. Don’t worry, let’s not reveal the surprise.
7-Porsche chooses the Australian floral artist Ruby Barber from the Mary Lennox studio for its Design Week debut. Objective? investigate the interaction between nature and technology with an immersive installation at Palazzo Clerici (via clerici 5). Every morning, next to the temporary bar set up in one of the courtyards, there are also yoga and meditation sessions.
8) Citroën presents a real collection of Ami – the Citroën Les Ami de RO – as happens in the fashion shows: the artist and designer Rossana Orlandi realizes the new stylistic imprint. The u presentation in its 1,700 square meter exhibition space, in via Matteo Bandello 14: a unique space for environments and furnishings, as well as a hotbed of new talents.
9) In Viale Umbria 95, on the other hand, Mini will present the Recharged by Paul Smith: a car that “brings the iconic and sporty heritage of Mini into the future”. After all, the collaboration with the English designer is not new and always seems to be full of surprises.
10) Cupra, inside its Garage, in Corso Como 1, instead presents the collaboration with Mooney VR46 Racing Team: the protagonist is the short film “A shared impulse”, made in Valentino Rossi’s ranch. The public will also be able to enjoy an immersive experience, entering a 12-meter industrial container: a real space-time accelerator. Just to remember that design is also this: performance.
#Milan #Design #Week #car #heres #steps